Mooring Installation, Inspections and Annual Service
We install moorings systems that comply with your town’s harbor ordinance. Please check your town’s link below to find the contact information for any answers to questions regarding permitting and size requirements.
You can also request an installation quote by simply filling out our Mooring Estimate Request.
We provide town mandated mooring inspections for our annual service customers. This includes a full on-deck inspection by pulling the whole system aboard our mooring boat. All components from mooring line to anchor are checked. Replacements are made as necessary to pass the inspections. Recommendations are made for future work and logs are maintained on all systems we service.
Reports are submitted to customer and towns directly where allowed. Online inspections are submitted for towns participating in that program. The required inspection period is usually 3 years, but may vary from town to town. The information below will help you contact your town harbor department and access specific information.
• Portsmouth, RI 401-643-0137 Fax: 401-683-2020 [email protected]
• Newport, RI 401-845-5815 Fax: 401-849-8840
• East Greenwich, RI 401-886-8626 Harbormaster: 401-230-2245
• Warwick, RI 401-738-2000 (ext. 6819) Fax: 401-738-3654
• North Kingstown, RI 401-294-3316 (ext. 8255) [email protected]
• Jamestown, RI 401-423-7190 Fax: 401-423-9648 [email protected]
Many mooring anchors can become embedded in the mud and cannot be adequately surveyed by a diver, or the mooring can be in a location where currents and wind conditions cause the tackle to wear more. Servicing your mooring is a preventative measure to keep your boat and others around you safe from the hazardous conditions of a worn mooring system.
Rhode Island Mooring Services, Inc. has built a state of the art work boat specifically to install and service moorings. The boat is designed to safely haul the entire system on deck, for cleaning, inspections and repairs to keep your mooring in accordance with your towns’ safety specifications.
We offer an Annual Service Contract, $160 per year, which includes the following:
• Remove and clean the buoy and pennant
• Supply and install the winter stake or winter buoy
• Transport and store buoy and pennant
• Paint bottom of buoy with antifouling paint, repaint name
and number as needed
• Check all upper tackle, tighten and seize shackles
• Replace winter stake or buoy with your mooring buoy and
• Replace any worn components as necessary to meet
town safety requirements**
**Replacement materials are not included in price.